CCSpriteBatchNode is Deprecated

Home Forum Learning iPhone Game Development with Cocos2D 3.0 CCSpriteBatchNode is Deprecated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kirill Muzykov
    Keymaster

Hi, sorry for late reply. Glad that you’ve managed to solve your issue!

JaimeSierra
    Participant

Hi Kirill,

I’m sorry, I delete Cocos2D and all perfect, I installed Cocos2D 3.0.

Thanks and good lucky

JaimeSierra
    Participant

A question, How delete Cocos2D 3.1?

Kirill Muzykov
    Keymaster

In cocos2d v3.2 you don’t have to add sprites from the spritesheet to a CCSpriteBatchNode for batching to work.

Sprites are batched automatically when they share a texture, blending mode and shader settings.

So you can just add them to the scene directly or replace the CCSpriteBatchNode with a simple CCNode in case you still want to keep the hierarchy.

You can find more information in this thread:
    http://forum.cocos2d-swift.org/t/ccspritebatchnode-is-deprecated-in-v3-1/14216/6

However, I would advise you to complete the book using cocos2d v3.0 and then learn few improvements introduced in v3.1 and v3.2. It will be very easy to modify your code to v3.2 when you know all the basics, but it can be quite hard to keep even minor differences in your head while you still learning.

JaimeSierra
    Participant

I bought the book, but in Chapter 4 me a Warning appears CCSpriteBatchNode use, how to solve it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Learning iPhone Game Development with Cocos2D 3.0’ is closed to new topics and replies.